Critical sealing enclosure gaskets protect sensitive electronic Enclosures
As die-cut gasket manufacturing experts, Sealing Devices provides enclosure OEM's high quality enclosure gaskets for reliable sealing performance.
When used in conjuction with Gore vents, robust enclosure gaskets and housing gaskets offer unmatched enclosure sealing for NEMA rated enclosures in extreme conditions.
Important Enclosure Gasket Design Considerations relate to enclosure industry standards.
- NEMA rated enclosures need proven enclosure gasket sealing for optimal protection.
- IP requirements also effect enclosure gasket performance.
Other factors to consider in designing your enclosure gaskets:
- Closure force / Gasket compression. The hardware should be sufficient to provide adequate closure force and squeeze to insure optimal gasket sealing peformance.
- Material or Elastomer Compound- Choosing the correct material for the enclosure gasket to withstand ozone, weather, temperature, elements, pressure and chemical agents.
- Standards - Does the gasket need to meet the NEMA rating or IP requirements for a custom enclosure gasket.
- Product Longevity - Will the enclosure gasket last for the life of the product?
- Adequate pressure venting. Eliminate pressure differentials due to temperature or humidity swings with proper membrane venting.
- Specialized enclosures gaskets - EMI shielded enclosure gaskets, emi shielded windows for displays (we stock many elastomers for military requirements MIL_DTL-83528)
- Are pressure sensitive adhesives / PSA's required for placement or assembly?
- Special enclosure gaskets are available for low-closure force applications.
Enclosure gasket materials commonly used in housing gaskets by OEM's.
- Die-cut gaskets from compressed sheet materials - VIDEO
- Open cell sponge including all Poron gaskets
- Fluorosilicone elastomers
- Silicone elastomers, silicone sponge, silicone sheet
- Custom molded rubber shapes, sheet rubber
- EMI shielded conductive elastomers and extrusions
- Closed cell sponge including all Bisco silicone gaskets
- UL Gaskets (commonly known as UL 157, the Underwriters Laboratories set standards for safety, and applies to most gaskets, o-rings, diaphragms, custom shapes and sheet materials)
- NEMA enclosure gaskets and IP rated enclosure gaskets
- Pressure sensitive adhesives / PSA's laminated to enclosure gaskets
- Membrane vents for pressure equalization
- Fabric reinforced, flexible, fire-resistant elastomers and diagragms