electrical Enclosure Gaskets
enclosure gaskets seal protect electronic Enclosures
As die-cut gasket manufacturing experts, Sealing Devices offers enclosure gaskets for reliable sealing performance. 60 Sec Video When used with Gore vents, electrical enclosure housing gaskets offer enclosure seal protection for NEMA rated enclosures in extreme service.
Important Electrical Enclosure Gasket Design Considerations relate to enclosure industry standards for weatherproof boxes.
- NEMA rated enclosures need proven enclosure gasket sealing for optimal protection.
- IP requirements also effect enclosure gasket performance.
Other factors to consider in designing your enclosure gaskets:
- Closure force / Gasket compression. Enclosure hardware should be sufficient to provide adequate closure force and squeeze to insure optimal gasket sealing peformance.
- Material or Elastomer Compound- Choosing the correct material for the enclosure gasket to withstand ozone, weather, temperature, elements, pressure and chemical agents.
- Standards - Does the gasket need to meet the NEMA rating or IP requirements for a custom enclosure gasket.
- Product Longevity - Will the enclosure gasket last for the life of the product?
- Adequate pressure venting. Eliminate pressure differentials due to temperature or humidity swings with proper membrane venting.
- Specialized enclosures gaskets - EMI shielded enclosure gaskets, emi shielded display windows (elastomers for military requirements MIL_DTL-83528)
- Are pressure sensitive adhesives / PSA's required for placement or assembly?
- Low-closure force applications.
Enclosure gasket materials commonly used in housing gaskets by OEM's.
- Die-cut gaskets from compressed sheet materials - VIDEO
- Open cell sponge including all Poron gaskets
- Fluorosilicone elastomers
- Silicone elastomers, silicone sponge, silicone sheet
- Custom molded rubber shapes, sheet rubber
- EMI shielded conductive elastomers and extrusions
- Closed cell sponge including all Bisco silicone gaskets
- UL Gaskets (UL 157 applies to most gaskets, o-rings, diaphragms, custom shapes and sheet materials)
- NEMA enclosure gaskets and IP rated enclosure gaskets
- Pressure sensitive adhesives / PSA's laminated to enclosure gaskets
- Membrane vents for pressure equalization
- Fabric reinforced, flexible, fire-resistant elastomers and diagphragms.
Sealing Devices makes weatherproof gaskets and seals for NEMA rated electrical enclosures to meet IP standards. Combined with Gore vents, gaskets provide water-proof sealing, and let electrical enclosures 'breathe' while keeping out dust, dirt and contaminants. Enclosure gaskets are made of closed and open cell sponge rubber to meet UL 94 ratings,but can be made to meet low closure force challenges, or weight restrictions