LED LIghting sealing & Venting experts
ENHANCE outdoor LED Lighting longevity and avoid seal failures
o-rings and o-ring kits
- form-in-place robotically dispensed gasketing
- EMI shielding / conductive elastomers
- 3M pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA's), adhesives and reclosable fasteners
- eliminate condensation and seal failure problems using Gore vents for enclosure pressure equalization
Rapid temperature changes cause dramatic pressure changes inside lighting enclosures.
- During a normal power cycle a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more can occur in an enclosure, resulting in extreme stress that creates gaps in the enclosure seals.
- If the internal pressure is not equalized, the resulting vacuum will draw in contaminants and moisture, increasing condensation and eventually causing the lighting unit to fail.
Archictectural Lighting enclosures are exposed to varying climate conditions that can impact product effectiveness. Water, dirt and dust may degrade the performance of the lighting, and have aesthetic and safety concerns.
Venting for Protection
GORE™ Protective Vents equalize pressure in lighting enclosures and eliminating the vacuum that draws in harmful contaminants and water.
- The unique characteristics of these vents respond to pressure change by continuously allowing air to enter and exit the lighting enclosure.
- Vents also provide an effective barrier against harsh weather conditions (e.g., rain, snow, high winds), while allowing water vapor to exit quickly and reduce the likelihood of condensation on the lens.
While GORE™ vents allow air and gas to flow in and out, its hydrophobic and oleophobic attributes prevent contaminants and liquids from entering the lighting enclosure.
Call our Inside Sales 800-727-3257 for more information.