stop condensation in marine electronics
Protect marine electronics with gore vents
Narine electronics are exposed to potentially harmful liquids, dust, moisture and salts in marine environments, that can damage sensitive engine controls, gauges, depth finders, GPS and radars. Components enclosed in watertight housings generate heat raising temperature and pressure inside enclosures.
Sudden temperature changes outside the enclosure cause internal pressures to drop, putting stress on housing seals with potential for seal failure. Rain, wind or splashing seawater can cause the internal pressure to drop and create a vacuum of 200 mbar (3 psi) or more inside electronic enclosures.
To eliminate vacuum and equalize pressure, enclosures draw in air and moisture, and moisture condenses on inner walls and displays, potentially causing board-level malfunctions in that eventually creates gaps in housing seals. Once gaps develop, additional damage from contaminants can cause product failure.
Venting for Protection
Installing a membrane vent in the enclosure protects against negative effects of pressure differentials. GORE™ Protective Vents allow gas and air to flow freely in and out enclosures. GORE™ Membrane vents repel water, oil and dirt while providing a barrier to moisture, salt and harmful contaminants providing improved protection and longer product life.
Benefits of GORE™ Protective Vents:
- Protection against water, salts and other corrosive liquids
- Superior protection against condensation and display fogging due to vapor-permeable membrane
- Quality sound transmission through the use of acoustically transparent materials
- Reduced build-up of hazardous battery gases through continuous diffusion and superior airflow
- Longer, trouble-free service life due to reduced stress on enclosure seals
- Easy integration for design and manufacturing with multiple vent options including rugged designs with UV stability
GORE™ Protective Vents provide value in marine electronics: 800-727-3257
Vents are easy to integrate into new or existing designs.