Buna-N nitrile NBR O-Rings
Buna-N Nitrile nbr O-rings for general purpose sealing
Buna O-rings, Nitrile O-rings, NBR O-rings offer excellent sealing properties and mechanical properties with low cost. Buna Nitrile O-rings have a basic resistance to common lubricants and are recommended for crude oil, gasoline, propane, petroleum oils and water. Nitrile and Buna O-rings are used in engines, gearboxes, aircraft pumps, and common water applications.
Nitrile Buna-N NBR O-Rings are used as a face-to-face or shaft seals, and allow rotary and linear movement. Nitrile O-rings have good tear and abrasion resistance with operating temperature: -30° to +250F° (can be increased to higher temperature sealing in special compounds).
Buna-N O-Ring Variations
Buna-N / Nitrile / NBR O-rings are available in different colors and durometers, and come in a variety of compounds for specific applications. There are also many durometers and colors to meet specific sealing and aesthetic requirements.
Parker Buna-N, Nitrile o-rings are recommended for:
- Petroleum base oils and fluids, mineral oils, ethylene glycol base fluids, silicone and di-ester base lubricants, air, water under 150°F, and natural gas. Common Parker compounds for NBR, Buna, Nitrile o-rings are N0674 Black.
Nitrile / Buna / NBR o-rings do have limitations due to ozone, sunlight and weathering. They are also not good in strong acids, aircraft or automobile brake systems, or ketones.
Parker's Nitrile rubber (NBR) is generic for acrylonitrile butadiene and the acrylonitrile content of nitrile sealing compounds varies considerably (18% to 50%) and influences properties of the finished compound.
The higher the acrylonitrile content, the better oil and fuel resistant the compound will be, although elasticity and compression set resistance may be adversely affected. NBR has good mechanical properties when compared with other elastomers and high wear resistance.
• Heat resistance
• Up to 100°C (212°F) with shorter life @ 121°C (250°F)
• Cold flexibility
• Depending on individual compound, between -34°C and -57°C (-30°F and -70°F)
• Chemical resistance
• Aliphatic hydrocarbons (propane, butane, petroleum oil, mineral oil and grease, diesel fuel, fuel oils) vegetable and mineral oils and greases
• HFA, HFB and HFC hydraulic fluids
• Dilute acids, alkali and salt solutions at low temperatures
• Water (special compounds up to 100°C) (212°F)
• Used for General Purpose, MIL-G-21569 CL 1, UL Listed
Call our Inside Sales team now - 800-727-3257