Buna-N nitrile NBR O-Rings
Buna-N Nitrile nbr O-rings general purpose sealing
Buna O-rings, Nitrile O-rings, NBR O-rings offer excellent sealing and mechanical properties at low cost. Buna Nitrile O-rings have resistance to common lubricants and are recommended for crude oil, gasoline, propane, petroleum oils and water. Nitrile Buna O-rings are used in engines, gearboxes, aircraft pumps, and water applications.
Nitrile Buna-N NBR O-Rings are used as a face-to-face and shaft seals, and allow rotary and linear movement. Nitrile O-rings have good tear and abrasion resistance with operating temperature: -30° to +250F° (can be higher with special compounds).
Buna-N / Nitrile / NBR O-rings are available in different colors, durometers and compounds for specific applications sealing and aesthetic requirements.
Parker Buna-N, Nitrile o-rings are recommended for petroleum based oils and fluids, mineral oils, ethylene glycol base fluids, silicone and di-ester base lubricants, air, water under 150°F, and natural gas. A common Parker nitrile o-ring compound is N0674 Black.
Nitrile / Buna / NBR o-rings have limitations to ozone, sunlight and weathering and aren't good in strong acids, aircraft and automobile brake systems, or ketones. Parker's Nitrile rubber (NBR) acrylonitrile content varies considerably (18% to 50%), and the higher the acrylonitrile content, the better oil and fuel resistance although elasticity and compression set resistance may be adversely affected. NBR has good mechanical and wear resistance properties.
• Heat and wear resistance
• Up to 100°C (212°F) with shorter life @ 121°C (250°F)
• Cold flexibility
• Depending on individual compound, between -34°C and -57°C (-30°F and -70°F)
• Chemical resistance
• Aliphatic hydrocarbons (propane, butane, petroleum oil, mineral oil and grease, diesel fuel, fuel oils) vegetable and mineral oils and greases
• HFA, HFB and HFC hydraulic fluids
• Dilute acids, alkali and salt solutions at low temperatures
• Water (special compounds up to 100°C) (212°F)
• Used for General Purpose, MIL-G-21569 CL 1, UL Listed
Call now - 800-727-3257